Shadow Over Urdengraave

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shadow Over Urdengraave

Post by Steve The Nerd (Admin) on Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:36 pm

Hello, this was originally a d and d campaign I made, but people randomly stopped turning up, so I'm putting it's story on here.

For whatever reason, you are in the town of Urdengraave, perhaps an inhabitant or traveller. Arn is a town on the edge of a forest, where the planer borders to the Feywild are weak, and is next to a swamp. There have been mysterious disappearances, graves being dug when none have died, already made graves being dug up, but not looted. There are rumours of monsters somehow entering the city and of monsters appearing of thin air. Those who have left the city have seen creatures that live in the centre of the swamp have been sighted closer to the city than usual and "normal" Fey (such as Sprites and Boggles) becoming more and more rare, whilst murderous Fey (such Redcaps and Green Hags) as are becoming more common.

Character name:
Race (Please pick a playable race from d and d):
Alignment:
Personality:
Appearance:
Friends:
Enemies:
Backstory:
Steve The Nerd (Admin)
Admin

View user profile http://nerdythingsforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Shadow Over Urdengraave

Post by Psycho Elemental on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:32 pm

Character name: Serena Silverwind

Race: Tabaxi

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Personality: Flighty and a bit unpredictable, Serena's interests and mood can change on a dime. One minute she could be studying an ancient artifact, the next she could be going after some book filled with magic secrets as if her life depended on it. Whatever happens to catch her attention, she will pursue with undying passion, until something else proves more interesting. While she is what one would call a 'rogue', Serena is more interested in lore and secrets rather than gold or treasure. She only keeps enough money on her to keep herself fed and housed. When entering a new town, she will often go up to strangers and offer them money or food in exchange for local rumors or stories.

Appearance: Very lithe and agile, with toned muscles under her silvery white fur accented with rings of light grey all over except for her belly, with her tail being long and fluffy while her eyes are a striking gold color.

Friends: Making real friends is hard as she tends to not stay in one place for very long. The only people she seems to be close to at all are her fellow scholars at Candlekeep.

Enemies: Plenty, in her travels Serena has stepped on more than a few toes in her various wild pursuits of secrets and lore.

Backstory: Serena was orphaned at a young age and made to fend for herself on the mean streets of a large city. Before long though, she was picked up and raised by a small gang of thugs and lowlifes. This gang had some loose connections to the local thieves guild, and were occasionally hired to do their dirty work. Serena learned much about stealth and other rogue abilities through her rough upbringing. One day, the gang was hired to mug a rich noble, but it turned out to be a set up. The guild decided that Serena and her gang were becoming too much trouble for their worth and wanted to tie up the loose end before they became a problem. The thugs were captured by the local guards and thrown in prison for the foreseeable future.

Thankfully, Serena had also learned how to use her wit and charm to get what she wanted occasionally. She used her charisma to appeal for bail, in exchange for doing some community service. The service that was agreed upon was working as an assistant at Candlekeep, one of the most well-known institutes of learning in Faerun. Serena took this chance to rethink her life, and even begin learning about magic and history and such. Through her diligence and clear interest in learning, the higher-ups at Candlekeep decided to give her a chance. They recognized her wit and skill, and sent her out on a quest to find ancient artifacts in the forgotten parts of the world and bring them back to be studied. Serena jumped at this chance and immediately set out to find anything pertaining to ancient history and magic she could find.
Psycho Elemental
Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve The Nerd (Admin) on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:35 pm

Psycho Elemental wrote:Character name: Serena Silverwind

Race: Tabaxi

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Personality: Flighty and a bit unpredictable, Serena's interests and mood can change on a dime. One minute she could be studying an ancient artifact, the next she could be going after some book filled with magic secrets as if her life depended on it. Whatever happens to catch her attention, she will pursue with undying passion, until something else proves more interesting. While she is what one would call a 'rogue', Serena is more interested in lore and secrets rather than gold or treasure. She only keeps enough money on her to keep herself fed and housed. When entering a new town, she will often go up to strangers and offer them money or food in exchange for local rumors or stories.

Appearance: Very lithe and agile, with toned muscles under her silvery white fur accented with rings of light grey all over except for her belly, with her tail being long and fluffy while her eyes are a striking gold color.

Friends: Making real friends is hard as she tends to not stay in one place for very long. The only people she seems to be close to at all are her fellow scholars at Candlekeep.

Enemies: Plenty, in her travels Serena has stepped on more than a few toes in her various wild pursuits of secrets and lore.

Backstory: Serena was orphaned at a young age and made to fend for herself on the mean streets of a large city. Before long though, she was picked up and raised by a small gang of thugs and lowlifes. This gang had some loose connections to the local thieves guild, and were occasionally hired to do their dirty work. Serena learned much about stealth and other rogue abilities through her rough upbringing. One day, the gang was hired to mug a rich noble, but it turned out to be a set up. The guild decided that Serena and her gang were becoming too much trouble for their worth and wanted to tie up the loose end before they became a problem. The thugs were captured by the local guards and thrown in prison for the foreseeable future.

Thankfully, Serena had also learned how to use her wit and charm to get what she wanted occasionally. She used her charisma to appeal for bail, in exchange for doing some community service. The service that was agreed upon was working as an assistant at Candlekeep, one of the most well-known institutes of learning in Faerun. Serena took this chance to rethink her life, and even begin learning about magic and history and such. Through her diligence and clear interest in learning, the higher-ups at Candlekeep decided to give her a chance. They recognized her wit and skill, and sent her out on a quest to find ancient artifacts in the forgotten parts of the world and bring them back to be studied. Serena jumped at this chance and immediately set out to find anything pertaining to ancient history and magic she could find.

Accepted. Even though it's not set in forgotten realms, just steals so many things instead.
Steve The Nerd (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psycho Elemental on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:38 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by stealing things, but thanks.
Psycho Elemental
Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve The Nerd (Admin) on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:39 pm

Psycho Elemental wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by stealing things, but thanks.

I mean the campaign steals things from Forgotten Realms, such as the gods and some snippets of lore, but isn't set in Faerun.
Steve The Nerd (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psycho Elemental on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:41 pm

Oh, well... Can we could say she's traveled far on her quest?
Psycho Elemental
Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve The Nerd (Admin) on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:42 pm

Psycho Elemental wrote:Oh, well... Can we could say she's traveled far on her quest?
I could make it so that Candle Keep is in the world, stolen from FG.
Steve The Nerd (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psycho Elemental on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:46 pm

That could work, too.
Psycho Elemental
Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve The Nerd (Admin) on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:48 pm

Psycho Elemental wrote:That could work, too.

Just need to see what Candlekeep is...
Steve The Nerd (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psycho Elemental on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:49 pm

I tried posting a link to the wiki about it, but I can't post external links yet...
Psycho Elemental
Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve The Nerd (Admin) on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:52 pm

Psycho Elemental wrote:I tried posting a link to the wiki about it, but I can't post external links yet...

i'll try to fix that. Also, i just read it.
Steve The Nerd (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve The Nerd (Admin) on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:54 pm

Steve The Nerd (Admin) wrote:
Psycho Elemental wrote:I tried posting a link to the wiki about it, but I can't post external links yet...

I have no clue how to fix that.
Steve The Nerd (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve The Nerd (Admin) on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:56 pm

You should be able to put links anyway. It says anyone can post links. I can do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asDlYjJqzWE
Steve The Nerd (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psycho Elemental on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:34 pm

It said new members can't post external links, I have to wait seven days.
Psycho Elemental
Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve The Nerd (Admin) on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:39 pm

Psycho Elemental wrote:It said new members can't post external links, I have to wait seven days.
That's ********. I'll see if i can change that.

Last edited by Steve The Nerd (Admin) on Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve The Nerd (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve The Nerd (Admin) on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:56 pm

Psycho Elemental wrote:It said new members can't post external links, I have to wait seven days.
That's bulls***. I'll see if i can change that.
There's no option I can find to disable it. Sorry.
Steve The Nerd (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve The Nerd (Admin) on Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:54 pm

Fixed it.
Steve The Nerd (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top